What is their overall purpose?Himalayan salt lamps are beautiful and can be millions of years old. They are known for their ability to ionize the air, thus enhancing your well being and improving your health. Generations ago, people regularly turned to salt water, mineral water and salt mines to seek remedies for chronic congestion. Touted as the most pollutant free form of salt on the earth, salt lamps contain over 84 minerals and trace elements.How do Salt Lamps work?By emitting negative ions, Himalayan salt lamps significantly reduce a myriad of indoor air pollutants. In nature Negative Ions are created by means of wind, sunlight, surf, waterfalls and rainstorms. Generally, a negative ion is an electronically charged molecule made up of oxygen. A positive ion in the air is a molecule that has lost its electrons through process of air pollution. A series of scientific studies show that salt crystal lamps can increase the negative ion count by up to 300%.What are the benefits of using a Salt Lamps and negative ions?Himalayan salt lamps and negative ions have known benefits. These include relief from sinus congestion, migraine headaches, allergies and hay fever, severity of asthma attacks and one’s susceptibility to colds and flu. Salt lamps also strengthen the immune system, alertness, work productivity, concentration, and lung capacity.Where to place your Himalayan Salt Lamp for maximum benefits?
- Place a Himalayan Salt Lamp in your bedroom to help clear sinuses during the night when the body’s defense system is most relaxed and receptive and to help intensify your sleep experience.
- Install one in the room in which you relax — family room, living room, and den — to freshen the air and make family time, reading and hobbies more pleasurable.
- Enjoy reduced fatigue — especially during that 3 p.m. slump — by putting a Himalayan Salt Lamp to work in your home office. You’ll not only transform the air you’re breathing, but you’ll reduce the amount of electro-magnetic pollution office equipment disburses.
- Keep a lamp nearby when you’re studying to increase your powers of concentration when you peruse material you’re learning.
- Meditation practitioners extol the virtues of the Himalayan Salt Lamp when used in conjunction with yoga, deep breathing and other meditative efforts.
How do I clean my Himalayan salt lamp?Periodically wipe with a slightly damp towel or sponge to remove dust. Dry with a towel.