By Dr. Tammy Stenberg, DC
WHY SHOULD I DO A CLEANSE/DETOX
There are 80,000 chemicals registered for use in the U.S! And many of these disrupt your body systems (immune, nervous, endocrine, reproductive).
WHERE ARE THESE TOXINS COMING FROM?
Air pollutants, cigarette smoke, health care products, heavy metals, household cleaning products, pesticides/herbicides, pharmaceuticals, preservatives/additives, trans fats, GMO’d foods, healthcare products, and the list goes on……
HOW DO TOXINS AFFECT MY HEALTH?
Some symptoms are fatigue/difficulty sleeping, digestion or GI problems, food craving/weight gain, reduced mental clarity, and low libido, joint/muscle aches and pains.
WHAT ORGANS DO OUR DETOXIFING?
1) LIVER- filters toxins, helps metabolize fats, proteins, and carbs, transforms toxins into less harmful agents
2) KIDNEY- filters waste and excess fluid form the blood, regulates proper Na, potassium, and Phosphorus for body to function properly
3) SMALL INTESTINES- digests food so nutrients can be absorbed into blood and transported to the liver, also provides a barrier to block toxins from rest of body
4) LARGE INTESTINES- absorbs water and electrolytes and forms waste to be excreted from the body, produces antibodies for GI health, contains special bacteria that create fatty acids and some vitamins for extra nutritional health
DIET CONTRIBUTES TO OUR TOXIC LOAD AND EXCESS WEIGHT!
* MSG, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, sugar…
* The U.S. allows more than 3,000 chemicals to be added into our foods.
* The average American consumes more than 75lbs of sugar annually